5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Book in hand!





Keithen and I went to one of the midnight release parties for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on Friday night. I dressed as Bellatrix and of course he was Harry. We got our book and were on our way to the car by 12:15. I wish I had thought to get a picture of him holding the book before we left the store. He read the chapter titles by the light of his glow stick on the way home. He was exhausted and went right to bed. I stayed up for a while and read the first couple of chapters. I'm about half-way through it right now, hoping to finish it before he goes to school tomorrow so he can read it on the bus.

(Some of the pix have a bit of a weird cloud because we didn't realize the lens was dirty.)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM, July 23, 2007 , Blogger Granny said...

    I'm halfway through Book V and working my way up to VII.

    Avoiding anything online with either Harry or Potter in the title.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, July 23, 2007 , Blogger Carissa said...

    I think I am up to chapter 29 now? I had to give it to Keithen to read on the bus. :-( LOL! I wanted to finish it today while they were at school!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, July 24, 2007 , Blogger Andrea said...

    have you finished it?? i finished around 2 a.m. last night...yikes.

    best of the sereies. no question. hope you're enjoying it as much as i did!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, July 24, 2007 , Blogger Carissa said...

    I think I finished it around 10:00 Monday night.

    Over all, I loved it. The first 300 pages were a little slow, but once it got going, it was like a runaway train!

    There were some other things I'd like to have seen mentioned in the epilogue that she didn't touch on. (Characters that weren't mentioned and such.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home