5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Aftermath of Katrina

As ambulances, the military and National Guard troops try to evacuate the area around the Superdome, some idiots are firing shots at them.

Now granted, I am sure the situation seems so bleak to those who are trapped there and they are most likely feeling very desperate. They have all lost so much. They have probably had little in the way of food or drinkable water in the last few days.

But come on people! Shooting at the people who are there to rescue you is pretty stupid! This is more likely to put a stop to the evacuation efforts than to make you the first one airlifted out or first in line for the bus!

When I think what it would be like if I were trapped there with my three children, I thank God for my good fortune. It’s like something out of one of my worst pregnancy-induced nightmares. I can only imagine the loss, fear and desperation that the people in New Orleans are feeling.

Have patience…..have faith…..help is coming.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, September 01, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what you are saying... I can't begin to imagine what it would be like out there now. I have a close friend who is in neighboring cities and in labor now, I'm just hoping she makes it to the hospital.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home