5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Friday, June 08, 2007

SYTYCD top 20

The 20 finalists were announced on So You Think You Can Dance last night.

There is a post at TVSquad that pretty much covers how I feel about the competition so far. It was very frustrating that the names of the dancers weren't put up on the screen more often. That would really help the viewers begin to recognize the contestants and keep track of who is who. I've had a heck of a time figuring out names so far this season. There were some of the top 20 that I swear I never saw before last night, even though I've seen all the audition shows! It's hard to evalutate the judge's decisions when we really haven't been given a chance to see the contestants dance much yet.

And there were some favorites from previous episodes (Brandon Norris.....the clogger) who were MIA in Vegas, even though they had won plane tickets. Whatever happened to the girl from last season injured her ankle and was promised a ticket straight back to Vegas?

I was sad to see Caitlin Cucchiara get cut. She is very talented and I think she would have done well. I'm sure her age played into that decision. (Remember how often Ivan's age came up last year in the judges' critiques? Nigel really seems to want to stay away from younger dancers from what I've seen.)

I agree about Cedric Gardner's partnering skills being kind of weak. Hopefully he'll get partnered with some ladies who can help him improve in that area.

While I hated to see Twitch cut, I think Hok is a more well-rounded dancer and will probably do better in the other styles. He seemed to handle the choreography in Vegas pretty well, from what little they showed us.

So.....here they are.....the top 20:

MEN
Danny Tidwell
Dominic "D'Trix" Sandoval
Cedric Gardner
Ricky Palomino
Pasha Kovalev
Kameron Bink
Neil Haskell
Jesus "Chuy" Solario
Hok Konishi
Jimmy Arguello

WOMEN
Ashlee Langus
Jaimie Goodwin
Sabra Johnson
Anya Garnis
Faina Savich
Lauren "Misha" Gottlieb
Sara Van Gillern
Shauna Noland
Jessi Peralta
Lacey Schwimmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home