5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Friday, July 21, 2006

First bus ride!


Today is the first regular day of school, which means a full day for Keithen and a 3 hour day for Kaylee.

Since I took them yesterday, today was our first day trying to make the bus.

Keithen was using the bathroom when his bus pulled up. She drove right past the house and the kids and I had to chase her down the street. WHOA! Not the kind of exercise I want at 7:30 in the morning! Thankfully, she saw us and turned around in the cul-de-sac and came back for him. We've explained to him that missing the bus to his new school would be a BIG deal. (At his old school, it was 2 minute drive for me if he missed the bus. Now it's almost 20 each way with a sister who still needs to get to school too. If he missed the bus, one if not both kids would be late to school or Matt would be late to work.)

Kaylee's bus comes a full 45 minutes after Keithen's. She has the same bus driver that Keithen had last year. I think she was excited about getting on the bus for the first time this morning.

Yesterday I wasn't at all sentimental about Kaylee starting Kindergarten. After all, it was an hour and I stayed with her. Today I'm feeling a bit more like my baby girl is all grown up. It's amazing how ready she is for this.....but in a totally different way than Keithen was at the same age.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

    i will never understand the bus system in indy. Here in our small town one bus will pick up both my kids thank goodness or I would be so confused

     
  • At 2:11 PM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    They are in different schools now. If they were both still in the same school they would be on the same bus. Keithen's bus route has to cover the entire district, I think, because she is picking up the gifted kids who are being taken to schools that aren't close to their home.

    Where I grew up there were only 3 school systems in the entire county. One bus picked up all the kids in my system for elementary, middle and high school.

    I think all the buses around here only pick up for one single school, as opposed to a whole system of schools.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Andrea said...

    I remember feeling a little sentimental (OK, a LOT!) when Audrey started K last year. They DO grow up so fast! I think I'm going to be just as weepy this year when she starts going all day.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, July 21, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    The transition to all day was harder for me than 1/2 day KG with Keithen. It was so weird for me for him to be gone for SO LONG during the day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home