5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thank heavens for Dr. Judy Yordon

My fellow BSU Theatre Department alums will know what I'm talking about when I praise our old prof Dr. Judy Yordon for helping me explain Keithen's homework tonight.

He brought home a poem that he was supposed to read and translate into "ba-bum-ba-ba-bum" sing-song language. In other words, the teacher was asking him to read the poem and then do basic scansion but write it out in silly language instead of marking up the text of the poem. I took him through the poem and we marked the stressed syllables and pauses a'la oral interpretation class and then translated that into "ba-ba-bum" language. We did an extra poem out of a book at home for good measure, just to make sure he understood the concept.

Unfortunately, now both of use are talking in rhymed verse. (You really should be glad I'm not writing this post in iambic pentameter.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home