5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

SYTYCD - 8/15 - the Final 4

I loved Lacey & Sabra's partner dance. I was very shocked by the judges' reaction to it. I thought it was beautifully done. They handled the stylized movement wonderfully and made it look natural. They were committed to the characters. The piece had nice levels.....good contrasts between the fast and slow sections and they were well-connected to each other.

Lacey & Danny's waltz was so classy and elegant. And I actually really liked the way they were lit. It looked as if they were dancing outside on a starlit night.

Danny & Neil's partner dance was full of energy and athleticism. Mia did a wonderful job of blending their strengths into the choreography. Did anyone else notice that Neil missed the leap over Danny's head that was shown in the package at the top? They showed him going over Danny's head in the rehearsals, but in the performance he went over his left shoulder instead.

Sabra's solo was just joyful. And the cha-cha showed off her sexy side, which we haven't seen a lot of prior to this.

Interesting choice of music for Danny's solo - LOL! OMG.....like 6 soaring, perfect grand jetes in a row followed by about 16 pirouettes.....and he still comes out of it like he was just taking a walk. That boy is perfection personified. It was so beautiful that I teared up. That solo clinched it for me.....when he danced it, I said, "He just won."

4 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, August 16, 2007 , Blogger Natalie said...

    I totally agree with you! I loved the fox dance! It was so cool, the music, costumes, and movements. I hate when the judges say I don't get it, therefore I can't comment on the dancing! What crap! Even if you don't like it, you can tell they did a fabulous job. They really got into it and made the movements seem very real and not stupid.

    Loved the waltz and the boys dance too. I don't know who will win! I did love Danny's solo with all those grand jetes. Amazing! I hope either Sabra or Danny wins.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, August 16, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved it too! I couldn't believe they didn't "get" it. They didn't get that, but they get half of Mia Micheals nutzo routines?

    Bah.

    I'm routing for Lacey, but I think you might be right about Danny. Either way, any of them deserve it.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, August 16, 2007 , Blogger Carissa said...

    I think this year there really isn't a clear front-runner like last year. I think they really all have a good shot.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, August 16, 2007 , Blogger Ted said...

    I have my favorites, but the show can be proud of all the top 4, and pretty much all of the top 20 for that matter.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home