5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Catching up on life..........

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures or blogged about the kids.

We had a brief visit from Mamaw Betty last Friday. The kids were very excited to show off their rooms for her.

Last weekend was the annual summer reunion at cousin Stan's house on the river. Of course that always means a bunch of wet and muddy kids. Keithen opted not to go splashing in the river this year, but the girls were filthy enough for all three of them by the time they were done. Notice how, in the third picture, Ruby is only holding one swimming shoe. The other one got lost in the water somehow.


This is what Keithen looks like most of the time right now.....nose still crammed into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm hoping he finishes soon so no one ruins it for him. You should see this poor kid getting off the bus with his backpack stuffed full of homework plus his HP book. If nothing else, he's going to grow some muscles this year!

Keithen and Kaylee have been back to school for two weeks now. Today is Kaylee's first spelling test. Studying for spelling has been a little stressful for her this week. Her words included at, am, cat, jam, had, dad.....stuff like that. If she thinks those are hard then I am already dreading the rest of the year! I have discovered that she studies differently than Keithen. He would rather you quiz him orally on his words. Kaylee would rather you ask her the word and then let her write it down.


Kaylee requested big "Hermione" or "Goldilocks" hair today for her school pictures. Ruby wanted hers braided overnight too. My arms were so tired after doing both of them up in tiny braids last night!


ETA:
I forgot to mention that on Sunday Keithen and I went to see Harry & the Potters play outside at Fountain Square. They put on a really fun show. We just wore our DA shirts, but several people did come in costumes. The best was the girl who came as Hermione after the Polyjuice potion went wrong - school robes with cat ears and a tail!

Then on Tuesday night we went to see Bianca Ryan and Corbin Bleu. (Ally & AJ and Drake Bell performed too, but we left after Corbin's set.) We won the tickets from IndyMoms. This was Keithen's first concert in a big venue. Bianca is only 12 years old but she sure has a set of pipes on her! Watching Corbin and his crew dance was a big treat. I know Shane Sparks has done some of his choreography so that was a bit of a bonus. I'm pretty sure he was actually singing too and not just lip-syncing to a track. (And if you're not tired of listening to me b*tch and moan about camera work in my SYTYCD posts, the camera work at the concert wasn't so hot either. HELLO.....when Corbin's introducing his band, how about you point the camera at the musician he's talking about instead of a close up of Corbin's face?)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, August 03, 2007 , Blogger Natalie said...

    You kids are soo cute!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, August 03, 2007 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Thanks!

     
  • At 1:36 AM, August 04, 2007 , Blogger Granny said...

    They're adorable. All my girls do better writing words over and over first. Otherwise, they seem to lose their place.

    I can spell but if I don't rattle off the word quickly, I lose my place too.

    It doesn't pay to think too hard.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, August 05, 2007 , Blogger Beckylooo said...

    If I may offer up a redundancy, your children are precious.

    A few years back my mom sent me a giant box of all the stuff she'd saved from my childhood. It included every report card through 8th grade. On one of the early ones, my teacher had written something to the affect of "She's very bright but I fear she will never be a good speller." Thank heavens for spellcheck!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, August 05, 2007 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Oh yeah, I have a box like that from my mom too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home