5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

And now.....I finally did it.

Our kids have entirely too many toys. They have a hard time keeping things picked up and being responsible for their messes. Especially the girls.

Today I told the girls several times to pick their room up. You couldn't walk in there. They hadn't picked up one single toy. Instead.....they did this.....





Three big sections of artwork all over the walls in crayon and ink. An elephant, I think a tre frog and a vibrant red Elmo. In total disgust, their behavior lead me to do this.....

That's their room almost totally empty of toys. They have a handfull of things left purely because I'm running out of places to put stuff. I hope this leaves a lasting impression because I am sick of the lack of responsibility and the destructive "creativity" being taken out on the walls.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, April 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    oh no they decorated the walls. Keith did that in our bathroom ugh. With a permanent black marker.
    Sometimes rubbing alcohol will take stuff off. What did the have to say about their empty room

     
  • At 3:50 PM, April 28, 2007 , Blogger Granny said...

    Been there, done that.

    Sympathetic vibes going your way.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, April 29, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kaylee proclaimed me the "worst mom ever" of course.

    I gave them a few things back today (Sunday) and if they take care of it the rest will gradually reappar.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home