5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Monday, October 09, 2006

WARNING: The End is near!

As I write this, there are approximately 3 days and 11 hours until "The End" arrives on Friday, October 13th.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, "The End" is book 13 in Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events," so please don't start worrying about apocalyptic events. Instead, worry about the fate of the three Baudelaire orphans who were last seen sailing off the top of a hotel in a boat with Count Olaf. Mr. Snicket pleads with his potential readers to quickly put the book aside, sure that they "probably can't stand such unpleasantries as a fearsome storm, a suspicious beverage, a herd of wild sheep, an enormous bird cage, and a truly haunting secret about the Baudelaire parents."

Keithen and I are both anxious for Friday. We've pre-ordered our copy of the book from Amazon.com and hope it arrives on time. I'm secretly hoping that he doesn't want to read it on the bus so that I can try to finish it while he's at school next week. I'm torn between wanting to see a happy ending for the Baudelaire children and not wanting to see the books take an uncharacteristic turn where everything is "happy happy joy joy!" I'm anxious to see how Snicket wraps things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home