5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

On her way to becoming a big girl

Earlier this week, Ruby and Kaylee helped me do some major cleaning up in the bathrooms. While we were at it, Ruby and I discussed how nasty the little potty was looking. It just wasn't cleaning up very well anymore. The poor chair has been through my 3 kids plus one other child! I think it had more than served it's duty.

We decided that Ruby was big enough that we really didn't need to keep the potty chair any more. All her business could be done on the big toilet. She proudly carried the potty chair out to the trash can and chucked it in. Later in the day, she watched as the garbage truck came and took it away.

Today we were getting ready for the kids to go get haircuts. Kaylee and Keithen have school pictures this week and Ruby needed a trim as well. As usual, Kaylee chose to just get hers trimmed up and keep all her length. Ruby, on the other hand, announced that she wanted her hair cut short. I had her confirm it for me before we left the house, on the way there and again before the stylist started cutting. She ended up with a very adorable little bob. I've been calling her "pixie girl" this afternoon. I think she looks older with her hair short.

Haircuts were followed by our usual lunch at Chic-fil-a and about an hour spent out of the heat in their indoor playground. I swear one kid in there was about twice my size...he had to be at least 12 years old if not older. He barely fit through the climbing tunnels and was dragging a backpack along with him. I was afraid this child was going to get stuck! (Think Augustus Gloop in the tubes above the chocolate river!) I don't know what he thought he was doing in a little kids play place. Thank goodness he didn't get stuck or I might have been forced to send him to the fudge room.

I'm waiting for Matt to arrive home with an armload of corn from Waterman's Farm Market so I can start dinner. Mmmmmm....fresh Indiana sweet corn!

Here are Ruby's "before"




and "after" pictures!


3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, August 05, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Aw she's as cute as ever lol. Yes Indiana sweet corn yummy need to get some more myself. lol And another zuchinni, I fried one up the other day and Kaylie even ate it which she never does.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, August 06, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Carissa,

    My youngest daughter is 11 now, and I miss these times. She (and her sister) seem so blase about this stuff now, and I've only recently come to reason how much fun **I* had 'way back wehn' (all of five years ago, if that.)

    Anyway: I've been reading 5 dollars for a while now; I like it so much I mentioned in a while back on my own blog over on www.thisnext.com.

    Anyway, ThisNext just started a private beta and I’d love to extend to you an invitation to come use the site and make a list (we call it a shopcast) of your favorite products.

    Clicking this link will get you into your account: http://www.thisnext.com/invitation/1737-1941-8798


    It’s a one-time URL that’s only for you so it can’t be shared. The bottom of every page has a place for your comments… We’d love to know what you think!

    Our shopcasting network is a place where people can recommend and discover great products and is built based on our philosophy, “Buy better to live better.” Shopcasts are lists of “favorites” that tell stories about how you do things and what you use. We want people to be able to answer online a question they ask all the time in the real world, “What do you use?”

    We consider ourselves a layer in a blogger’s virtual identity:

    -A way to keep products about which you’ve posted from getting buried
    -A way to attract traffic by syndicating your voice to a large audience.
    -In a few weeks, we’ll have finished a badge bloggers can run that plays shopcasts.

    One small favor: We’re asking the bloggers that we invite to please NOT post about the project until our public launch in August. (I’ll let you know when… ) We're working very hard to develop the most usable site we can before presenting it to the world, and I'd be grateful for any comments you might have (and I'd love for you to join up and start listing!)

    Hope to see you around the ThisNext shopcasting neighborhood… please let me know how the site’s working for you… We’re still working on it!

    Thanks,
    Brad Munson


    P.S. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions or thoughts!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, August 12, 2006 , Blogger thordora said...

    such CUTENESS!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home