5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

This is just too frightening to look at

Normally, I'd be into looking at some really beautiful birth art of a woman in labor actively birthing her baby into the world. But not this sculpture. A life-sized statue of a nude Britney Spears on a bearskin rug giving birth to a crowning Sean Preston is just too disturbing to look at. (Not to mention that she was too frightened to be an active participant in his birth. The woman scheduled an elective c-section months before she was even due. She's never even been in labor people! Little Sean Preston didn't take that exit!)

And what's this part about Britney Spears being the "ideal" model for Pro-Life? HELLO!? She is not some woman who got pregnant accidentally and carried the baby to term. She's a married woman who decided that she wanted to have a baby and she did it. Her baby was wanted before it was ever conceived and there was never any question about that.

(There's a picture of the sculpture at the above link if you really want to see it.)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, March 23, 2006 , Blogger Granny said...

    Hi. I left comment in response to your comment on my comment on BB and misspelled your name.

    Apologizing now.

    Otherwise, no comment.

    Ann (aka granny)

     
  • At 4:57 PM, March 23, 2006 , Blogger Granny said...

    Hi. I left comment in response to your comment on my comment on BB and misspelled your name.

    Apologizing now.

    Otherwise, no comment.

    Ann (aka granny)

     
  • At 11:12 AM, March 24, 2006 , Blogger Jason said...

    I'm sorry, but a woman who runs into a gas station bathroom bare footed is not an ideal model for anything but white trash. She is nasty and I can't believe any serious person would write such a silly statement.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, March 24, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    She's an idiot. And rumors say that she and K-fed are expecting another already. I hope, for the kid's sakes, that it's not true. I'd hate to be a celebrity and have everything I did as a parent show up in the media. I'm sure I've made my fair share of mistakes. But really, these two make a good case for needing a license to be parents.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home