5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Why do I even read the news?

Michael F. Roberts of Fort Wayne, Indiana is being charged with beating his 3-year-old niece to death because she peed on herself.

As a parent of kids who have struggled with potty training, God knows I've cleaned up enough messes in my house. I've washed enough soiled clothes and scrubbed enough puddles out of my carpet to last a lifetime. It's frustrating. It's icky. It's tiring. But for God's sake it's not a reason to beat the life out of a child. What the hell was this man thinking?

Tackling my 6.5 year old son's enuresis problems has taken patience and love on everyone's part. We've had to set limits, give reminders and try different forms of treatment including prescription drugs, homeopathic remedies, DHA supplements and chiropractic adjustments. But we've worked together as a team to overcome it. (And we're not at the end of our journey yet.) Even when I was at my most fed-up with the loads of laundry, stains on the rug and stink in the house, beating the life out of my child was never an option.

Araya Clemons lost her life over a pair of wet panties. You can be sure that I'll be a little more thankful and a little less fed-up than usual the next time I have a pair of wet underwear to wash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home