5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow day: Part 2

The kids got their second snow day today for Valentine's Day. Guess we'll have to reschedule Keithen's class trip to the nursing home and his class party. Hopefully the new dates won't create problems for me!

The last snow total I heard last night for our area was 7 inches. I know we had more overnight. And the drifts are REALLY bad because there was so much wind. Compared to yesterday pictures, this is what I woke up to today.....

You can no longer see where my wood pile is located. If it weren't for the whellbarrow, I'd have no clue where to look. It's under there somewhere.


Look how high the snow drift around the grill is!


Down at the kid's fort, you can't see where the slide touches the ground. The benches on their picnic table have completely disappeared.

This is the view from the back door. Note that the yellow dumptruck that was barely visable yesterday is now missing. The tricycle is almost covered and the woodpile has disappeared.



It's all the way up against the door now.







Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, February 14, 2007 , Blogger Granny said...

    And it's still coming down?

    Snow is pretty but not in doses like that.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, February 14, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Our entire porch is a snow drift. In this picture here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Persephone82/Picture020.jpg
    You can see our crock. In the picture I too today, you wouldn't even know it was there. That's how much snow we got!

    -Katrina

     
  • At 6:32 AM, February 15, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    now it just needs to melt away lol. I heard indy got 8 inches. I think it would be hard to measure accurately though since it was blowing so bad lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home