5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

NBA star hopes kids buy his $14.98 shoes

NBA star Stephon Marbury is not just marketing a line of sneakers for only $14.98, he intends to wear them himself through the whole basketball season.

"Cut these shoes in half. They are made the same as those expensive shoes," said the 29-year-old point guard for the New York Knicks and two-time NBA All-Star. "This is about finally taking the pressure off kids and their parents who think they have to spend $200 on performance shoes. I grew up poor. To us, that's grocery money."

Wow. How great to see an NBA star with a down-to-earth attitude trying to provide a quality product to people at an affordable price. He's got my respect and maybe even a little of my cash if I can find a pair of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home