5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

How does our garden grow?

For the first time ever, we've attempted to do some planting in our backyard.

We have a small garden plot beside the mini-barn with tomatoes, grape tomatoes, red, green and yellow bell peppers and mint growing. Kaylee is also growing sunflowers in that bed behind the garden plants.

We've planted four-o-clocks in a semi-circle around the edge of the patio. I noticed today that they are starting to get buds on them so they'll be flowering soon! I remember spending so many hours playing among my great grandmother's four-o-clocks, enjoying the flowers and hunting for the seeds so I could take some home with me. Matt has slowly been working his way around the patio with ground cloth and mulch to finish off those beds. He's maybe half-way done. Last weekend he put in stepping stone paths leading from the patio into the yard. We gave him a chimenea for Father's Day and he's got it set up on the lower end of the patio now. We haven't had a chance to burn it yet.

We also have pots with marigolds, African daisies, yellow dahlias, fushia plants and impatients in them. The kids are also growing a patch of wildflowers down by the lake. I think I am slowly killing the dahlias, but everything else seems to be immune to my black thumb and growing pretty well.








1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, June 30, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Our patch is pretty small. The tomato plants dominate most of it. The grape tomatoes are doing well. I hope the regular tomatoes grow. So far we've had blooms but no fruit starting on it yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home