5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Monday, February 27, 2006

What toys are OK in your house?

Check out this post over on The Blogfathers about Bratz dolls.

And this one on Blogging Baby about toy weapons.

Are there any specific toys that you won't allow in your house?

We don't allow Bratz Dolls in our house. (NO offense...I know some of my friends out there in the Blogosphere do.) My nieces had some and I just hate them. I never bought any for the nieces when they were into them. I think they look totally slutty and it's just not the kind of thing I want my girls playing with. They are very obviously marketed to much older girls. If you check out the wording from the packaging on Bratz Blind Date Yasmin then you'll get an idea what I mean.

It's a night you're sure to never forget as you share a first date with the Bratz and Bratz Boyz as they laugh over a midnight smoothie, slow dance under a full moon, and find themselves getting closer than ever...as they walk the fine line between friendship and love. In addition to tons of stylin' accessories, this collectivle Bratz and Bratz Boyz two-pack highlights the real anticipation of a real blind date by offering a unique packaging design that hides your Bratz Boyz blind date from view, to ensure he remains a mystery until you've taken him home and opened the box. Bonus rare Collector's Edition includes a completely new Bratz Boyz character!

My hubby got a good laugh out of the line "until you've taken him home and opened the box." Most kids wouldn't get the double meaning there, but he thought it was hilarious.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

    I respect everyone's opinion on certain toys, My daughter loves her bratz though. She doesn't even read the package, just wants what's inside.
    I don't allow barney or teletubbies in our house. Hubs think teletubbies are immature and I think barney is stupid. Just my opinion cause well I'm entitled to it like everyone else.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Keithen liked Teletubbies when he was really little - like between about 1 and 1.5 years. I phased them out after that because I think they are really targeted for younger kids. I didn't want the babytalk thing to be a problem. And they are just darned obnoxious to listen too! LOL!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Jus said...

    Anything made of plastic, anything with a visable logo, any dolls that (even if they are not plastic - ie gr***vy girls) look like they are prostitutes visiting from the land of the big headed enourmous eyed planet (Bratz SCARE me!), nothing with batteries that makes noise (they DO have a clock with batteries). we have many restrictions but hey.....we're crazy.

    We allow them to play with anything they want when we are out of the house and I have no problem with parents who make different choices then we do. I am certain that some of our choices would be objectionable to others but it comes down to discussing what OUR family is willing to do with family resources. the children have been a big part of that discussion and and I think we would be open to consider "breaking the rules" if the item still met our "quality of quantity" approach to trying to surround them with beauty. So far the rules have worked well. We have alloed a few art supplies that otherwise would not meet the other standards.

    Justyn

     
  • At 10:24 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Jason said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Jason said...

    My nieces love the Bratz collection. I feel dirty whenever I buy it for them.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Ah...now we all have to wonder who deleted what, LOL!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, February 28, 2006 , Blogger Jus said...

    An Agry battle cry against my post perhaps??? JK :)

     
  • At 4:23 PM, March 01, 2006 , Blogger Carissa said...

    Niceies? LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home