5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"Mommy, red stuff on my hands!?"

"Mommy, red stuff on my hands!?" comes the call of a sweet almost-3-year old voice.

"Oh, great!" I think...they've been in the markers again.

I look over to see two little paws held up in the air for my inspection...covered in blood. I can't tell where it's coming from. I scoop up the injured party and calmly rush her into the bathroom to clean up the mess and figure out where the bright red blood is coming from.

Kaylee produces a toy car covered in blood. Ruby mutters something about scissors. We never did find a pair of scissors with blood on them...they were all where they were supposed to be with no evidence of anything being wrong. Evidently the girls were playing in the window seat in their room when they noticed Ruby's bloody hands. After running some water on her hands, it turned out to be just a small cut on the tip of one of her fingers.

One piece of ice wrapped in a wash cloth and one jungle animal bandaid later, all is well. We still have no idea how it happened though.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home