5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Children's Museum - part II






The Norman Rockwell exhibit that is currently at the Children's Museum is pretty cool. I didn't think it would interest the kids before I saw pictures of it on Gina's blog. We went yesterday and I wish we had gone a little earlier in the day so we would have had more time in the gallery. (And also that I had changed the camera batteries so I could have gotten a few more pictures than I did!)

I know the one picture of Ruby is a bit dark, but it was one I was very glad to get. The print she is standing under is Rockwell's 1966 painting entitled "The Problem We All Live With." It's of a little first grade girl named Ruby Bridges who had to be walked to school by 5 federal marshals when she integrated the New Orleans school system. If you'd like to learn more about her, check out the book "The Story of Ruby Bridges" by Robert Coles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home