5 Dollars

My life as an at-home momma of 3 amazing kids...it's kind of like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Children's Museum - Holiday time!

Ruby and I spent a couple of hours at the Children's Museum today. We've been pretty productive lately at home so we deserved a bit of a break. Plus.....it's holiday time which means the Yule Slide is back!

Ruby on the carousel.


This was our first chance to visit the new Power of Children exhibit that features Anne Frank, Ruby Bridges and Ryan White. It's a little old for Ruby, but I really was moved by it and enjoyed going through it. I can't wait to go back with just Keithen and explore it with him some day. Honestly, going through it nearly put me in tears in each of the three areas. I've always wanted to go visit the Anne Frank house. Now I don't know if I could handle it, as profound as I found this exhibit. And I did cry a little bit in Ryan White's section, probably because I remember that from my own lifetime. Ruby seemed most interested in the Ruby Bridges section (well.....of course!) and wanted her picture taken at one of the desks.


The Cookie Cafe in the holiday area is always a big hit with the girls. Ruby spent a long time "baking" in there this afternoon.



And of course.....the Yule Slide! This is a bit blurry since it's a shot of her in motion taken as I went down the slide beside her, but I loved it anyway!


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home